5.11 Tactical goes MultiCam
Continuing its march for total global domination, MultiCam has claimed a new conquest – 5.11 Tactical. I had a rumour a while back that 5.11 Tactical had discontinued their own digi-woodland camo – and this appeared to be confirmed by the absence of this pattern from the latest 5.11 catalogue. Well, now we can see why – it looks as though 5.11 have gone with that old addage, “If you can’t beat ’em – join ’em.”
The first 2 products announced are the 5.11 Multicam Rapid Assault Shirt and the 5.11 Tactical Multicam TDU Pant; and, according to the 5.11 press release, both have been created with end user feedback by Special Forces teams to deliver the best in terms of innovation and performance.
The 5.11 Multicam Rapid Assult Shirt features
- 65% Polyester/35% Cotton Ripstop material sleeves
- double articulated elbows for maximum durability
- angled shoulder pockets offer easy access
- hokk-and-loop patches on both arms allows patch application
- a light weight 5oz knit body with back and side mesh inserts for wicking and moisture management
- a 3/4 zip front for added ventilation
- and a full mandarin collar to prevent chafing from body armor
The 5.11 Multicam Rapid Assault Shirt are available in sizes Small to 3XL and priced starting at $59.99.
One of 5.11’s most requested styles, the 5.11 TDU Pant features
- 65%polyester/35% cotton ripstop Multicam material
- triple-stitching and bartacking in all stress areas
- a self-adjusting comfort waistband with no metal buckles
- double-layered knee pockets fit neoprene kneepads
- large side pockets with an added inside pocket with a divider to hold 2 AR mags securely
- two rear pockets
- rugged YKK® zippers and PRYM® snaps
The 5.11 TDU pants in Multicam are available in sizes Small to 3XL and priced starting at $69.99.
On a final note; don’t let the 65/35 poly-cotton ripstop material put you off, 5.11 use a tightly-woven, comfortable and very robust version of this type of material which is excellent for tactical use. Their fabric is also Teflon coated for moisture, dirt, and stain resistance.
See more about 5.11’s tactical clothing, uniforms, station-wear, outerwear, footwear and accessories at www.511tactical.com.