The 10 Commandments of Gun Safety
1. Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
2. Firearms should be unloaded when not actually in use.
3. Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using.
4. Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
5. Use proper ammunition.
6. Be sure of your target and what is behind it.
7. Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting.
8. If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, handle with care.
9. Don’t rely on your gun’s safety.
10. Only let a professional alter or modify your gun, and have it serviced regularly.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “The 10 Commandments of Gun Safety,” an entry on Strike - Hold!
- 19/10/2010 / 17:50
- Arms and Ammunition