Strike-Hold! “Freaky Friday” competition
There’s been a lot of traffic around the internet this past week regarding the “Blackest of Black Ops Black Hawks” that was destroyed on the ground and left for the buzzards in Pakistan during the OBL raid.
In honour of that, and to have a bit of fun and win a great set of prizes, we want you to create a short video / slide featuring pictures of the chopper wreckage from OBL’s compound, images of the various “artists impressions” of what the real thing might look like, photos / images of Spec-Ops troops and choppers in action, and anything else you feel is appropriate.
Feel free to throw in a dose of humour as well. For example, you might chuck in some UFO images and set your video to the tune of “It Came Out Of The Sky” by Creedence Clearwater Revival, or something suitably related to “Bad Moon Rising” by CCR. Or pay homage to “Blackhawk Down” with “Voodoo Chile” by Stevie Ray Vaughn. Or mash it up with something heavier like “Night Riders” by Stromkern, “Fuer Frei” by Rammstein, “KyberPass” by Ministry, or even “Enter Sandman” by Metallica. Anyways, you get the idea… 😉
PLEASE NOTE: Load your video onto your platform of choice – such as You Tube, Vimeo, etc. Send us the link to your video via the comments box below, and we’ll take care of the rest.
So, what will you get?
- SOD Gear set (Spectre shirt,Para One trousers and boonie hat) in PenCott-Badlands camo
- A packet of books from Osprey Publishing, including;
- Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk (NEW VANGUARD 116)
- US Navy SEALs (ELITE 113)
- Special Operations Forces in Afghanistan(ELITE 163)
- Special Operations Forces in Iraq(ELITE 170)
- Afghanistan Cave Complexes 1979-2004 (FORTRESS 26)
- A full set of Strike-Hold! “moral support” patches
And the rules are?
- One entry per contestant
- Submission window closes at midnight (UKtime) Friday 27 May
- Voting opens Monday 30 May and closes at midnight (UKtime) Sunday 5 June 2011
- The winner will be announced on Strike-Hold! on Monday 6 June (D-Day Anniversay